We got some discouraging news yesterday.
It seems Doug's tumor has possibly grown. Doctors here in Boise feel the treatment they have done, Doug's tumor did not respond to it. We hold on to hope it could be swelling from the treatment. Although we are unsure, his doctors here in Boise feel we need to get a second opinion.
Yesterday was an emotional day for all of us. Doug and I spent about 1 1/2 hours with my pastor outside of the hospital. He brought what we needed. Standing there under the shade tree, speaking from his heart, and praying with us. You could truly feel the presence of God standing firm with us.
I was in a whirlwind of emotions trying to make calls to specialist around the country. My heart has felt like we needed to be Seattle. As the nurse from MSTI called and said she could get us in to a doctor in San Francisco, I still felt Seattle was where we needed to be. She told me she was on hold and transferred and disconnected from Seattle. I got the number from her and told myself, I will call. If I don't get through, if I get disconnected, then I would take it as a sign we needed to be in California.
I made the phone call, transferred once and got the sweetest voice. The lady I spoke to was absolutely amazing. She had great information and seemed completely sincere. I had complete peace and there was a sense of relief talking with her.
So our Game Plan is taking us to Seattle!
We leave Monday with an appointment on Tuesday with Dr. Charles Cobbs, neurosurgeon who specializes in brain tumors, at Swedish Medical Center. We will also see Dr. Tara Benkers a neuro-oncologist.
As I spoke to the program director she says to me, "are you prepared Tuesday could be pre op, with surgery on Wednesday." My response was wait they will do surgery? She then proceeded that Dr. Cobbs is a phenomenal surgeon, he sees patients that have had their tumors removed and says he can get more of the tumor out, he is very precise.
So right now, we know we have an appointment on Tuesday, with a possibility of surgery on Wednesday.
I ask all of you. . . now is not the time to retreat, to allow the evil to push us down. NOW IS THE TIME TO STAND STEADFAST!
Ephesians 6:16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
We can question and question all of this, but let us hold onto what we are also accomplishing here on this journey
. I am TRUSTING, I am BELIEVING, and I am RELEASING to the Lord.
For we will sing the song of victories! This is just another step in our journey to get us to the people we need to get to. There must be someone in Seattle that also needs Doug and I and our story!
Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
I will keep you all updated here on our journey to Seattle. I ask for continue prayers for Doug, for our safe travels to Seattle. I deeply ask for prayers for my 3 amazing girls, they are scared, they are mad at God, they are questioning it all.
The words Thank You do not touch the gratitude I feel for all of you.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.